Wednesday, September 30, 2009

3 Days Left to Pack!

Early this morning I after repacking my backpack I decided to take my Nikon D200 camera and not my comfortable and very familar Canon D20 camera. This will be the first photography trip that I will not have my Canon with me (except my small pocket Canon). This turned out to be the biggest decision to make to my surprise, but will allow me to get more familar with my Nikon ( that in the past I have only use for weddings). I will be packing my 17 - 55mm f/2.8 lens but I have not commited to bringing my heavy 70 - 200mm f/2.8 VR lens yet. I am talking with Calagaz Photo to consider alternate option to my long lens.

To solve my carry on bag restrictions (for Aeagen Airlines) I have decided to check 1 bag in and carry my backpack and camera bag. Aeagen allows only 1 carry on bag ( 22 x 15. 7 x 7.8, max 17 lbs) so if they have a problem with my camera bag I have come up with a plan. My plan is to put my camera bag inside my backpack. I can do so by taking the extra change of clothes that I will have in my backpack and wear them. I will be traveling via Delta to Athens in jeans and a t-shirt but my backpack will have a skirt (needed for churches in Greece) and a button up shirt so that I can just put those over my existing clothes. I will probably be over my weight restrictions so I will have to pay 2 Euros for every kilo I am over.

Well, I am a little less stress after resolving most of my packing issues (except the long lens).

So until tomorrows post, Αντίο!

Posted via email from Jeannine's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment